At some point and time, everyone has experienced a COVID-19 meltdown. For me, I reached my mental breaking point on March 31st, 2020 and during that time, I decided to make changes in my life and business. I was sitting in my home office and my anxiety hit a new time high as it became clear that COVID was going to last for the foreseeable future. The world was completely shut down and everything stopped. Our routines stopped, in-person connections with friends and family stopped, our businesses stopped, and life as we knew it stopped. As I look back, we were put on house arrest by the government, and our freedom was lost with no easy way of getting it back. It was on this day, that I realized three things:
- Spiritually: I needed to dig deeper into my faith and spend time in the bible on a daily basis.
- Mentally: I was not giving 110% effort to my Real Estate Business as an agent and investor because I had a fear of failing and living my comfortable lifestyle.
- Gratefulness: I have taken for granted the simple things in life that I could not go without; family time, working out, trying new restaurants, and attending networking events.
Once I realized those things, I made the decision that I was not going to live my life without appreciation for the simple things, faith was going to be the foundation of my decisions, and I was going to give 110% effort to my real estate business (Results below). My new normal has created an improved McKinsey and I share my transformation in hopes that it inspires others to become their best selves.
Quick Wins: Reasons to keep going!
- 2020 Q2 – Present: Daily Virtual Bible Study with Family and Friends
- 2020 Q4: Increase number of doors from 1 to 4 (*Doors = # of Rental Units*)
- 2021 Q1: Best Real Estate Sales Quarter as a Realtor
The swiftest way to triple your success is to double your investment in personal development.
– Robin Sharma